Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Puppet

There's no good that comes from holding your feelings back. Sure, it makes you a stronger person but it also makes you colder... makes you numb. You start to loose the ability to feel anything. Like a puppet... you become a shell... you become lifeless. Your smile is painted on, your clothes are crisp and you're always ready to put on a show.

Deep, right? I needed to get how I feel out. I've been at fault lately. I haven't been open and honest with my feelings. I'm constantly holding myself back. From what? Simple... from being vulnerable. No one wants to hurt, cry or feel pain. However, I'm starting to think sometimes we need to. With love comes hatred, with happiness comes sadness. There is a balance to everything. And by feeling both, it reminds us that we are alive. So if being vulnerable means being human, then I will take it. I'm tired of being a lifeless puppet...




No comments:

Post a Comment